Here Is Curtin University Merit Scholarships in Australia 2018
The Curtin University, an Australian public research university invites applications for the CRL Merit Scholarship program which is provided to International students who are looking at acquiring a degree program at the Institution.
Curtin University strives to give high achieving students around the world the opportunity to pursue their ambitions and gain a world-class education. Through the Merit scholarship, Curtin welcomes eligible students of any nationality except Australian.
This scholarship category awards eligible students 10% of their first year of tuition. Curtin University acknowledges the importance of being one of Australia’s most multicultural university campuses and this scholarship aims to grow the trust and confidence in Curtin University as a place for students to further their studies, careers and life experiences.
What You Need To Know About The Curtin University Merit Scholarships
Additionally, eligible students who enrol in a Curtin English ELB (English Language Bridging) program before undertaking their study at the University will receive a 10 per cent discount on Curtin English fees.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
The scholarship is open to both Undergraduate & Postgraduate students who wants to study in Australia in the following field of study.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Science & Engineering
- Health Sciences
The scholarship is to be taken in Australia to study at Curtin University, If you are an international student and you wish to study in Australia , this is for you
The scholarship is available for Australian citizens or Permanent Resident and international students.
This scholarship provides eligible students 10% of their first year tuition fee, up to a maximum of AUD$4,000.
- All undergraduate degrees available to international students
- All postgraduate degrees (master by coursework only) available to international students.
The Curtin University Merit Scholarships Eligibility criteria.
This scholarship is only for:
- International, full fee-paying, non-sponsored students
- Students commencing studies at Curtin’s Western Australia campuses in 2019
- Students commencing a full Curtin undergraduate or master by coursework program
- Students who have accepted their mainstream course offer by the 15th of November 2018
Please note that this scholarship:
- Is NOT available to Australian citizens
- Is for students granted CRL (Credit for Recognised Learning) and enrolled in min 300cpt
- Covers a maximum of 10% of the first-year tuition fee up to a MAXIMUM of 200 credit points only
- Only covers tuition fees and does not cover any other international student expense
- Will be credited to recipient’s fee account at commencement of studies and cannot be accessed by them
- Will not be extended beyond its prescribed duration or amount unless notified otherwise by Curtin
- Can be revoked at the discretion of Curtin if recipient already has a scholarship or sponsorship
- Can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified
- Cannot be retained if a recipient defers their studies beyond a 2019 start date
- Cannot be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university
- Offer must to be accepted by the 15th of November 2018
Additional note for master (coursework) students:
- Can only be applied in full to master degrees of 400 credit points
- Will only amount to 10% of the first semester tuition fee for master degrees of less than 400 credit points
Conditions that need to be met to keep your scholarship
To prevent the scholarship being revoked, the recipient:
- Must remain enrolled in initial course and major of study unless approved by Curtin International
- Must maintain a full time enrolment of 100 credit points each semester or study period
- Cannot breach the scholarship conditions outlined in their acceptance document
- Cannot take a leave of absence or withdraw from their units or course of study
- Cannot be terminated from studies
How to apply for The Curtin University Merit Scholarships
Students are invited to apply as normal for their chosen undergraduate or master program through any one of Curtin University registered education agents
All qualifying applications to Curtin are automatically assessed for the Curtin International Merit Scholarship. No separate scholarship application is required.
Admissions Office will assess each application accordingly and issue a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether the applicant has been successful.
To accept the scholarship, the recipient must:
- Meet any conditions listed in their Letter of Offer
- Have met or exceeded the higher academic cut-off specified by Curtin, specific to this scholarship.
- Pay the indicative deposit and OSHC indicated in their Letter of Offer
- Be aware of the dates and deadlines by which the above need to have been completed